What I'm listening to

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hungary's not so bad after all

Hello from Szeged! I made it to Arden's apartment tonight - actually she picked me up at the train station and has been pampering me ever since. It was a long day but a good day - I had an hour to talk to "Tati Pedro" in the car on the way to Oradea, and he got me thinking about a lot of things I had already thought about but now have a reason to actually do; I spent five hours sitting on the floor of the railway station in Oradea, but wasn't afraid this time and got a lot of journaling and reading accomplished; all the trains connected as they were supposed to, and I didn't get in trouble for not having a reservation on one of them where I should have had one; Arden treated me to dinner and ice cream, we talked easily for hours about the grace of God in our lives, and she played me a song she wrote about loss that I wish I could share with all of you.
I am off to Paris by way of Frankfurt tomorrow night, and then to Normandy where I hope to be humbled by the echoes of the men I studied for so long in college, and will always be my heroes.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh Michelle Belle- so much to say-
I am incredibly humbled by how God has taken care of you and am so thankful too, that He helped me let go of my fears of you being on this trip. I can't wait to spend hours hearing more stories and just hugging you for a very long time. I can hardly believe you will be home soon. I love you very much. Enjoy your last few days.

Emily said...

YES, YES, YES! Enjoy these last few days! I love you and can't wait to talk to you. Don't forget life can be different coming back after a trip like the one you had. If you want to talk- well then talk to everyone who will listen- and I guarantee a ton of people you know would love to listen. But if you want to be in solitude and process the fact you've been abroad for 5 weeks having one life changing experience after another- then don't be afraid to let everyone know you need that space.
I'll be praying for you coming back and that you don't get the depressed feeling I often do when I return from trips. But with your shining spirit I doubt that will happen. :)
I love you and can't wait to talk to you whenever YOU get around to it. I'm sure there will be SO many people anxious to talk to you.
Bye for now.
MWUAH (don't tell Ryan I'm sending you kisses.... he gets jealous)