What I'm listening to

Monday, July 7, 2008

Cool people and a very cool place


Keeley, Natalie, Ben, Katie, and Matt

On the glacier at the end of the hike!

so beautiful

So, yesterday on my birthday it started out cloudy and rainy but ended up getting a little nicer in the afternoon. Earlier in the day I headed up to Murren with a group that included Natalie (a 21 year old who had been studying in Italy and was traveling around); Josh, Jonathan, and Blake (two brothers and a friend who were helping at an inner-city mission in Dublin and are now traveling around), and Ben and Matt (two friends making their way through Europe together for the summer). We are an interesting mix of backgrounds, philosophies, ideas of fun, and temperments but have been having a blast hanging out and hiking around. Its weird how a place like this can bring people together. Natalie, Ben, Matt, two other girls and I hiked up to a glacier this afternoon - absolutely beautiful but cold after being around the snow for a while in a T-shirt. The views through the valley - again, with countless waterfalls - was amazing; and it was so much fun to be there with people who were just as completely amazed as I was at the wonder of it all.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Michelle, Always continue to live out the child within you as it keeps your eyes full of wonder and amazement at the glory of God's creation. Love, Aunt Laura

Colleen Wachob said...

Happy Birthday sister! I haven't been able to read your blog for a few days, as we were having an adventure of our own in Fort Collins and then getting broken down and stuck in the beautiful city of Rock Springs!:) It is great to catch up on your journey. I love you so much and send you a birthday kiss and song! Love, Leeners

Barb said...

Hey Shelle
I am having issues trying to get my comments published - fancy that - I will try again.

I am really thankful you have met new friends that also believed you should have a birthday cake! I am convinced that you are a shining example of being Christ like to all you meet. God is really using you on this journey.
I love you
Moms