What I'm listening to

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oxford & Ambleside


Hanging out with the Fab Four at the Hard Rock Cafe our last night in London - I love these girls and am so sad that they are leaving GFU, but am so thankful for the time I've had to get to know each of them. They are amazing!!


Oxford


Outside Exeter College (where Tolkien taught)

I made it to Ambleside today by train, and the journey went smoothly. It was kind of fun to see that catching trains was not difficult and that those Eurail/Britrail passes really do work. I missed the first train out of London because of underground delays, so I decided to head over to Oxford for a couple of hours and catch a train from there instead.
Oxford is perfect - old, wise, stately...beautiful. I wish I had more time there but I saw Exeter College and the library, along with some other gorgeous buildings. The rain held off until I got back on the train and entered the Lake District: its supposed to be windy and rainy tomorrow too, but it is still so beautiful. Its unlike any part of England I've been too, and I'm going exploring tomorrow even if I get drenched. :)
It was sad to say goodbye to the group this morning. I have talked to people today, and met a nice man who helped me find the right bus, but its not the same as having my brother and friends around. They were sooooo much fun to hang out with - everyday was a blessing and a gift. I will miss them but think this journey on my own will be good for me. I'll probably post again in Scotland in a couple of days, and Mom I will try to call again! It didn't work today - the machine ate my pence! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Michelle
It is so wonderful to have a window into your journey - even without pictures! - I am so thankful for my slow internet!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I can't wait to hear more
Love Moms

Colleen Wachob said...

Hey Shelle-Belle! Thanks for keeping us updated! You write so well, and I am thankful to get to tag along as you journey through an area of the world that so sparks my imagination, too. Love you, sis. ~Leeners

Cathy said...

Michelle,I just want to wish you a wonderful trip, and God Bless You. Also, Bailey said I could see a picture of Ephraim here. He's adorable.